Thursday, October 8, 2009

Restaurant Review - 'M' at the Point, Mandurah, Western Australia

Date: September 13th, 7pm
Dining: Just me
Price: AUS$54 (approx $40)
Meal: Fish of the day, roasted vegetable side dish, glass of local red wine

Downstairs underneath the Sebel Hotel is 'M at the Point' restaurant. ' Unique Modern Australian cuisine that may include anything from a wagyu beef burger to a delicious gourmet pizza.' was the description...sounded good to me!.



I love eating fish in Australia and had the fish of the day...not sure what it was called but it was delicious. Served on a bed of roasted potatoes and a creamy sauce, I soon polished the lot. It went very well with my large glass of cabernet sauvignon, which was from a Margaret River vineyard. I did make a mistake in ordering the roasted vegetable side dish as it was so large - enough for 4, but again yummy.
The staff are young, but were polite and well trained. This is not silver service but professional and friendly. I did have to take my bill to pay at the exit which is a pet peeve, this was not a diner, so marked down a little for that, but all in all recommended. Not the cheapest, but the food was note worthy.
 
Service: good
Food: above average
Price: a little pricey

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails