Serves 4 people
Preparation Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 5 mins
- French baguette sliced into ½ inch pieces at an angle.
- Zest & Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Italian dried herb mix
- 4 large garlic cloves minced or grated
- 50 grams of butter
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Ground Black Pepper
- 150g mixed Italian cheeses (you can buy mixed bags at supermarket, but regular cheddar will get the job done too if you can't access any Italian cheeses!!)
2. Heat gently until butter melted
3. Lay the bread slices on a baking sheet – use foil to save scraping burnt cheese off later.
4. Pour a little butter mixture on to each slice (use a brush if easier)
5. Cover each slice with cheese
6. Place until a medium grill (broil) until cheese melted and bread is crispy