Along with the Fried Chinese Wontons we also took some of these delicious fake jalapeno poppers to the party. We love jalapeno poppers, but unless you eat them right away you can end up with a soggy mess...so how to get around that and still satisfy our craving...genius, we will create a filling to go in some wontons to mimic the taste of the jalapeno poppers..!! Yeah...please try these, you will not believe how good they are. Just serve them with some store bought sweet chilli sauce. Enjoy!
- 2 ( 8oz) packs of cream cheese ( we used full fat Philadelphia, but I think you could lighten it up with low fat) - leave out of fridge to soften
- 1 (4oz) can of chopped green chillies - drained
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped jalapenos - drained
- 1 cup of mayonaise (I used low fat as we had to hand)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 packet of wonton wrappers (12 oz)
- Canola or vegetable oil to fry in
- Combine all the ingredients well in a large bowl
- On a flat surface lay the wontons out ( I do 4 at a time), and brush some water around the edges of each one.
- Place a heaped teaspoon of the chesse mixture in the centre of each wonton and then fold together. (if you prefere you could make triangles or other shapes, it is entirely up to you!)
- Repeat until all wontons are filled.
- Heat oil in a pan to a deep enough level to cover wontons. Deep fry the wontons until golden and crispy. Do not over fill the pan as you will bring the oil temp down and end up with soggy wonton...
- Drain and serve with the chilli sauce - delicious