Have you noticed that I'm on a soup making frenzy at the moment.. really tasty and super easy! jazz it up with some chopped crispy bacon (according to my husband everything is better with bacon!!!)
Serves 4 people
Preparation Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 30 mins
3 Shallots finely chopped
1 garlic clove minced
1 tbsp butter
2 courgettes, cubed
450g (1lb) broccoli florets
1 chicken or vegetable stock cube
500ml (2 cups) water
125g (1/4 lb)stilton
Salt & Pepper
4 tbsp Double cream
1. Cook the courgette in the butter with the garlic. When courgette starts to soften add the broccoli florets and cover.
2. Make up the chicken or vegetable stock and add to the saucepan.
3. Cook until broccoli is soft then either transfer to liquidiser or use a hand blender.
4. Return blended soup back to heat.
5. Crumble Stilton into soup, melting through
6. Serve with a swirl of cream