Saturday, November 7, 2009

Autumn Crumble Crisp


I was watching Ina Garten, Barefoot Contessa, the other morning ( I have to admit that the food network is normally on at some point during the day), when she gave me a great idea for that eveings dessert. It is autumn and we should be celebrating the fall fruits and she made a delicious looking pear and apple crisp. Ok, I can do something like that, I'll just have a look what looks good in the supermarket and take it from there. I couldn't find any nice pears, so I bought a tin, and used Gala apples as I had some in the fridge. Five for dinner needed a 10" pie dish, and there was one portion left...it's delicious and so easy it crazy..Enjoy!

Ingredients
for the filling
  • 1 tin of pear halves, drained and each halve cut in 6ths ( I had 6 halves in my tin)
  • 3 apples, peeled and cut in the same size chunks as the pears
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
for the topping
  • 1 cup of old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 cup of all purpose flour
  • 1 stick of butter melted (1/4 lb)
  • 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup caster sugar
  • 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
  1. Heat overn to 400F
  2. Combine all the filling ingredients in a bowl and put into a pie dish.
  3. Combine all the topping ingredients in a bowl and then sprinkle over the filling 
  4. Cook in the oven for approximately 30 minutes, you are looking for a crispy light brown topping
serve with some vanilla ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails